Friday, November 5, 2010

Sounds in the Night

Yesterday's post was way too long, and I wrote it way too late at night. I was still thinking about it when I woke up at 5 a.m., so I started a new one in my head as I tried to fall back to sleep. These are the sounds I was hearing in the wee hours of this morning.

The wind howling outside my window.

Wind chimes dancing in time to the wind.

My husband's deep and even breathing beside me in the dark.

My daughter's gentle snoring in the bedroom next door.

My own thoughts swirling inside my head.

No wonder it took so long to get back to sleep. I think it's time for a nap...

1 comment:

  1. We are having mucho wind howling and rain today! Wow the weather differences this week. have a great weekend and yes, I'll say hi to everyone tomorrow for you. I will miss you terribly. I need your input on my pages.

    ReplyDelete