Friday, November 25, 2011

Just Thankful

Here I sit, at 11:25 p.m., searching my soul for something inspiring to write. It's NaBloPoMo so I have to write. I made a commitment to express my gratitude every day for a month, so I can't just tell a story about the Canadian Black Friday shopping I did today, or the stomach bug that seems to have tracked me down so soon after I finally got rid of my cold. It has to be deep and meaningful.

But, to be honest, I'm too tired for deep and meaningful right now. It has been another very busy day, and I don't feel well. I feel like falling into bed and revelling in not having to set my alarm for the morning. Before I came upstairs to write Chris casually mentioned "Yeah, your blog posts have been a little lacking this week". If that doesn't inspire me to be poetic, what will? But tonight I don't have it.

But that's okay. Because I know that deep down I am thankful. Despite fatigue and illness, I am thankful for so many things. I am thankful that I was able to go shopping today, and buy Christmas gifts for my family and have lunch out with a friend. I am thankful that my kids are old enough to understand when I don't feel well and need to just lay on the couch for a while. I am thankful that Chris came home in time for us to enjoy some time together before I need to retreat to bed. I am thankful that tomorrow we are all heading to Guelph for Connor's first competitive basketball games. I am thankful that my house looks like Santa's workshop exploded inside it, and even more thankful that it will soon be organized and beautifully decorated for the holidays. I'm thankful that I have an extremely comfortable bed just waiting for me to climb into down the hall. And I'm thankful that in about two minutes I'll be in it.

I don't always have to be poetic. But I always have to be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment