Thursday, May 13, 2010

Rainy Day Blues

I hate the way a rainy, dreary day saps me of all energy. There are so many things I could be doing on a sunny day that would energize me. I could go for a walk. I could start digging in my yard. I could go to the local garden centre and do some more dreaming about the beds I am going to put in as soon as it stops raining.

Even on a rainy day like today I could do the laundry. I could rearrange furniture and think about how to set up my new living room. I could tap into my creative side and write a review of the book I finished last week.

But on this gloomy, dreary day I don't feel like doing any of that. I do feel like curling up next to the fireplace with a good book. Not very productive, and it would inevitably lead to a nap. But it would be cozy.

And the laundry will wait until tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I have a vellum quote that says something to the effect that if you are doing something you love then it isn't wasted time. I think reading a good book on a rainy day and/or taking a nwp would be lovely!

    ReplyDelete