Friday, May 21, 2010

Missed Post #2

Reasons I missed yesterday's post:
  1. Went on a field trip with Connor's class to the "Children's Water Festival", a very cool, educational water expo, featuring 45 different hands-on stations illustrating various water issues like conservation, watersheds, water safety, pollution, storm drains, ecosystems, ph levels, protecting the water supply, water treatment facilities, etc.
  2. Got home an hour before school ended, but Chris was still here (he had worked late the night before), so I hung out with him until I had to go get the kids.
  3. Picked up the kids at school. Connor had a headache. I assumed that he had sunstroke, which he gets fairly often if he is in full sun and doesn't have enough water. It had been 28C at the water festival, and I'm sure he didn't drink enough. So he and I stayed in the air conditioned house for a while, until he felt like going out to play.
  4. Got supper and hurried off to Janelle's first soccer game. We had the talk beforehand about how it isn't appropriate to pick flowers on the field in the middle of the game. I have to admit, she gave it a good try, running with all her might for about 5 minutes, but then she ran out of steam. She's not used to the full sized field they use at this level. I didn't catch her picking any flowers, but there was some wandering around the field singing happening!
  5. Came home to find that Connor had been sick to his stomach (yep, sunstroke), and I had developed a pretty wicked headache myself. Chris and I put the kids to bed and then I spent the rest of the evening on the couch in front of the TV. I shamelessly watched the season finale of Grey's Anatomy, but, for the first time, I almost couldn't handle the blood. I happily fell into bed, still hoping for relief from the headache, at 11:00 p.m.
Today I'm finishing "my project". Then I'm starting another project: painting the kids' rooms. Connor's first: Bamboo Shoot Green. Just thinking about it makes me tired, but it has to get done! Maybe I'll get a chance to write another post today. Maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment