- Fitness—This one is mandatory. I am going to spend some serious time on my new bike and my Wii Fit. When I got the Wii Fit for Christmas last year my brother's comment was "I hope you're ready to start hearing your Wii insult you." Well, I'm not really ready, and I know it's coming, but I'm going to do it anyway! Starting today!
- Breakfast—I never have time to eat breakfast before the kids go to school, but I've decided that I do have time for a glass of water and an apple. That way, I get my metabolism going before I finish the morning routine and get the kids to school. Then I can come home to a piece of toast or a bowl of cereal or a bagel.
- Reading more—Okay, if you know me you probably don't think I need to be reading more. But honestly, I have a bookcase full of books that I want to read! And I waste way too much time watching tv or browsing on the computer. So I'm going to seriously cut that wasted time down and spend some time getting through all those books I've been longing to read. AND I resolve to NOT read books I don't want to read. Even for my book club! If I've read 50 pages and I really don't like the book, I'm donating it to the library. Maybe someone else will enjoy it, but there are far too many great books in the world. I'm not wasting my time!
- Dinner Recipes—Despite the fact that I am going to be cutting down my computer time, I am going to get more familiar with Allrecipes.com. Like all families, we tend to cycle through about a dozen usual dinner meals, and I think we need to switch it up a bit. I'm going to find at least one new dinner recipe each week to feed my family. Hopefully we'll find some new favourites.
- Make some friends—Still not sure how I'm going to do this, but I think getting involved at our new church and volunteering regularly at the kids' school will help. This one is pretty important. I probably should have put it at the top of the list!
Thursday, September 9, 2010
I've never been much of a "New Years Resolutions" kind of girl. Oh, of course I've made resolutions! But I've never been good at keeping them. I'm much more of a "September Resolutions" keeper. It makes more sense to me. New school year, new routines, new habits. So here is a quick list of this year's September Resolutions.