Friday, September 10, 2010

Furniture Addiction

Is it possible to have an addiction to new furniture? If so, I think I have it. I've never bought so much new furniture in my life, and I'm not sure I know how to stop. Right now I'm waiting for the arrival of my new sofa and love seat. Oh, look at that -- the delivery truck just pulled up in front of my house!

To Be Continued....

It's beautiful! Dark brown leather, and soooo much more comfortable than the old couch and love seat we bought in Kingston when Chris was a student. At that time our primary concern was that we get the cheapest set in the store. It was really our first time buying furniture of any kind. Now the price is still very much a factor, but now we are so much more aware of what we really want and need in furnishings. We decided we wanted leather this time because of its durability, since it is in the main living area of our home. It took quite a while for us to find exactly the set we wanted, but when we found it, we knew it was right for us.


Unfortunately, it looks terrible with our hideous coffee table and end tables. So I've been shopping for new complementary pieces for a couple of weeks now, without much luck. Until today. Today I found the perfect coffee table and end tables and I won't rest until they are cozied right up to my new furniture.

It is an addiction. But it is one that will be easily broken. It is only because of an inheritance from Aunt Sadie that I'm able to do all this mad redecorating. And the money is going to run out. And Chris is going to stop sending me out on spending sprees.

But for now I'm going to enjoy every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment