Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day of School


Starting the day with a good breakfast!


A bright shiny morning to start off the school year.


Time to go find out who our new teachers are.

The first day of school has come and gone and we all survived. Connor is in Grade 5 and Janelle is in Grade 2 and I still can't believe it. I find myself writing Grade 4 and Grade 1 on all their paperwork because it just doesn't seem right for them to be so grown up!

Connor protested any mention of school starting right up until today, but in the end I think he was excited to see his friends and the renovations to his school. Janelle was unashamedly excited about starting Grade 2, and this morning she was thrilled to find she was in the same class as her friend Avery, and has the same teacher that she had last year, Ms. Butler. Both of them were smiling at the end of the day when I arrived to collect them.

And as for Mom.... Well, my wonderful husband took me out to breakfast at Cora's to keep my spirits high. The strawberry crepe was just what I needed! The rest of my day flew by, and before I knew it 3:30 had come and I hadn't posted on my blog. So here I am, with my little scholars asleep in their beds, composing my first blog post of the 2010/11 school year. Chris hasn't issued a challenge this year. But I've decided to challenge myself! See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment