Thursday, October 20, 2011

One More Sleep!

The kids and I have been counting down days for a month now, and tomorrow the long awaited day will finally be here: the MacPhees arrive for a whirlwind, action-packed, 5 day excitement filled visit! Actually, Tracy and the kids arrive tomorrow night, and Blair will join them Saturday evening. Connor and Janelle are so excited they can barely stay inside their skin, and I'm pretty excited, too. Tracy has been here once, just a month after we moved in, when she completely surprised me by showing up at my door unannounced (in collusion with Chris, so I actually did have a spare bed set up!) Things have changed around here quite a bit since then, and I'm looking forward to showing all of them around our home and our city.

The agenda is pretty packed! Tracy and the kids fly in tomorrow night at 5:20, and I know my kids will be asking "how many minutes" from the time they get home from school! I'll have something yummy waiting in the crockpot, and the kids will give their cousins the "grand tour" of the house. Saturday will probably involve some shopping, maybe some fun stuff for the kids, picking Blair up from the airport, and maybe dinner out. Sunday afternoon all the boys are taking in the London Lightning basketball team's first exhibition game at the John Labatt Centre, and they just might come home to a turkey dinner. Monday, despite huge protests, my kids are going to school and leaving their cousins to fend for themselves. Tracy and I may sneak away to get a bit of shopping in then. Monday night is the Selena Gomez concert, which causes Janelle to absolutely sparkle whenever mentioned, and I'm pretty sure Jillian lights right up too! Tracy and I can't wait to share this experience with our girls. Tuesday morning we all get up bright and early and head to Niagara Falls for a couple of days at Great Wolf Lodge. What a way to cap off the visit! Wednesday afternoon we'll all head home and take the MacPhees to the airport. I know it is going to fly by way too fast! But we're going to soak up every bit of fun that we can!

I must get back to my preparations! The vacuuming won't get done on it's own (although wouldn't it be great if it could!) Don't expect another post before Oct. 27! I'll be too busy making memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment