Friday, October 15, 2010

Neighbours

My kids got a ride to school, and home from school, with a neighbour today. I wasn't feeling very well today, so I really appreciated it. There is a nice couple down the street who have two children near our kids ages, their son is in Janelle's class, and we've gotten to know each other a bit since this school year started. She is an Educational Assistant at a school about 10 minutes away, and he is a fireman, so their kids are alone for just a few minutes after school, just a few days a week. I offered to drive them to and from school any day that it's rainy or cold and their parents are working, and to just be available if the kids need anything before or after school. The other day they offered to take my kids to and from school any day the dad isn't working. The mom dropped off a bag of hand-me-down clothes for Janelle yesterday. The kids are sweet, and I love getting to know my kids friends. They are good neighbours.

I've just been thinking about how important good neighbours are, especially this far from home. This is also a reminder to be a good neighbour. You never know how much it might mean to someone someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment