Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Giving Thanks

I know it's a few days late, but really, it's never to late to be thankful, is it? We enjoyed a lovely Thanksgiving Dinner at Karen and John's home in Toronto. The weather was gorgeous, much more like summer than mid-October, at least in my experience. 23C Saturday and Sunday! It was a first visit for myself and the kids, and it was so nice to see Karen in her element, cooking for us! Lori and Ben came, too, and we travelled to Burlington late that night to crash in their guest bedrooms. We realized later in the evening that it was the first time Lori, Karen and Chris have all been together for Thanksgiving in over 20 years. That put my thoughts of missing my brother and sister on this one Thanksgiving into perspective!


Which brings me to my Gratitude list! Janelle was composing her own for homework today, and while I was giving her some ideas I began to form mine. Here goes:
  • My amazing husband and two awesome kids!
  • Good health for all of us.
  • Faraway family who love me.
  • Telephones and internet that keep that connection alive.
  • Friends, both in London and elsewhere.
  • Facebook, which keeps that connection alive!
  • A school that has become a safe place for my children in this unfamiliar city.
  • A wonderful church that has the potential to someday feel as much like "home" as my beloved church in Fredericton.
  • A beautiful house, that is feeling more like "home" every day.
  • Chris's job, which provides for all our needs daily.
  • And finally, to quote Karen Kingbury, my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, who has, for now, blessed me with these.
I hope everyone reading this celebrated a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends. I pray we'll all remember daily to be thankful for all the blessings showered upon us in this part of the world. We are truly unaware of how very fortunate we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment