Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Packing up Preschool


I finished packing my office today. I'm no longer a preschool teacher. It was a dream job! I invented it myself, got to set up my own classroom, make all the rules. I loved (almost) every minute of it. But Chris and I both decided a year ago that this should be my last year. And I'm ready to move on, but I am so sad to be leaving this beautiful classroom that was all mine, and the sweet little darlings whose laughter filled it every day (not that they were always darlings!)

I didn't realize when we made the decision to stop teaching at First Steps that I would be leaving more than my classroom this year. The next time I teach it will be in Ontario, and I'll have a whole new system to learn! Scary, but a little exciting. I think I'll stick to volunteering in my kids' school for a while and go back to the world of teaching big kids next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment