Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Few of My Favourite Things

I'll admit it right up front. I stole this blog post. Outright copied it from a dear friend who writes a wonderful blog, Where in the World Are Our Kids?, and who penned this very post just a few days ago. She has had a difficult year. Compared to the challenges to optimism she has faced this year, I've been on a picnic! But this week she decided to direct her focus to some favourites, and I decided that would be a good idea for me, too. I've been bogged down in the idea that I may never teach again, and can't imagine anything else I would really love to do. But there are other things I really love. So I copied Robin's list (I hope you don't mind, my friend!), and I'm going to customize it for myself (including changing the spelling of "favourite" since I am truly Canadian) and focus on all those things that are my favourites. Here goes:

My favourite . . .
  • Person: Chris (with Connor and Janelle a close second)
  • Ice cream: Anything with chocolate and caramel
  • Musical: Anne of Green Gables the Musical if we're talking about a play, but for movies it's got to be The Sound of Music. I'm right there with you, Robin!
  • Movie: Sleepless in Seattle, partly for sentimental reasons, since it was our first date movie, but I do really and truly love it.
  • Restaurant: Brewbakers in Fredericton
  • Food truck: I'm afraid I haven't jumped on that bandwagon yet — Food trucks obviously aren't as plentiful in London as in Nashville!
  • TV Comedy: Big Bang Theory
  • TV reality show: American Idol or Dancing with the Stars. I don't think I can choose.
  • Music: Steven Curtis Chapman, Jeremy Camp, Harry Connick Jr., Carrie Underwood, Michael Buble, Taylor Swift... I could go on, but if we're talking about what I listen to most, that would have to be Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez. Yes, I am a mom of an eight-year-old girl!
  • Color: pink, yellow, lime green.
  • Cheese: cheese? Do I really have to pick my favourite cheese? Okay, how about cheesecake!
  • Pasttime: writing, reading, scrapbooking
  • Song: What is my favourite song right now? I really don't know. Let's go with a couple of timeless favourites: Amazing Grace and Great is Thy Faithfulness
  • Fruit: Strawberries, golden delicious apples
  • Drink at Starbucks: grande caramel macchiato
  • Thing to do: Fun stuff with Chris and the kids
  • Food Network stars: I have honestly never watched the Food Network. Except for maybe Iron Chef. Twice.
  • City: Fredericton, New Brunswick
  • Beach: Cavendish Beach. Okay, I know it's freezing but I love it. Unless of course I can choose the Mayan Riviera. Mmmmm.... yeah!
  • Book: I can't. It would be like choosing one of my children.
  • Sandwich: Meh... Not a big sandwich fan, but I guess anything with chicken and bbq sauce would make me happy.
  • Outfit: Anything slimming!
  • Olympic sport: ladies figure skating
  • Board game: Balderdash
So, clearly this list was tailored more to Robin's favourites than mine, but it was fun to "fill in the blanks" for once. What do you think? What are a few of your favourite things?

No comments:

Post a Comment