Saturday, November 14, 2009

Oasis

Well, Denise, twice a week isn't happening so far, but I am still going to try! It feels like I just got home from Vancouver, and it's been three weeks... Time just moves way too fast!

My wonderful husband took me to Vancouver and Kelowna last month. It was a beautiful oasis in the middle of my somewhat mundane life these days. I have to admit, I loved every minute of it -- even the 11 hours of travelling by myself to get there. I sat with my book and drank in the silence -- no "Mommy, Mommy!" or "I'm hungry!" or "I don't want to do my homework!"

I saw a beautiful part of the country that I had never seen. I spent some quality alone time with my husband. I visited friends that I never see and got to meet their lovely new daughter. I toured the Okanogan and enjoyed my first wine tastings (I actually may be able to aquire a taste for the stuff!) It was a precious gift.

I called the kids every day. I didn't miss them until we arrived at Troy and Teresa's and was surrounded by their kids. I didn't feel bad about not missing them. I knew they weren't missing me either. They were having a whale of a time with Grandma and Papa. But by the end of the week I was ready to go home. A week is the perfect amount of time to be away. Time to relax, regroup, recharge. Time to be ready to dive back into life. And I was. But I've been home nearly three weeks now. Isn't it time for another vacation?

No comments:

Post a Comment