Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thankful for Old Friends (and New Ones!)

Way too busy to post today! I've been planning a shopping day with two sweet friends for weeks now. They are both took a vacation day, picked me up at 9:30 a.m. and we were off. Jocelyn and I have been friends for 28 years, but I'm so glad she was here in London to smooth my transition. She introduced me to her good friend, Tina, who is now my good friend, Tina! We had a lovely day, got quite a bit of Christmas shopping accomplished, and got home just in time to start my Thursday whirlwind. I met the kids at home, picked up the car from the mechanic (both vehicles now have snow tires — bring it on!), put a pizza in the oven for the kids, took Janelle to dance, took Connor to basketball, stopped at Tag and Chapters for a few gifts I didn't have time to pick up today, folded four loads of laundry, put Janelle to bed, answered the phone when Chris called from the gym and said yes when he asked if I wanted him to bring home Chinese food.

Now there is still laundry to do, and the spare bedroom and kids' bathroom to clean before tomorrow. One of my oldest friends and most faithful blog readers is coming for a weekend visit. I can't imagine doing anything more tonight, but tomorrow I have to be up early to tackle the rest of my mountain of preparation. See you tomorrow, Jules!

No comments:

Post a Comment