Friday, January 21, 2011

Girls Night In

The boys are out at a London Knights hockey game with our neighbour and his son, so Janelle and I had a "Girls Night In" tonight. I let her choose our activities for the evening. She decided to start with two games of "Go Fish" (the Finding Nemo version). Chris teases me about not being able to let the kids win, and I must admit, it is difficult. I won both games, but Janelle didn't care. She celebrated my victories right along with me. But she was ready to stop at two games. Then she decided we'd watch Flicka, one of the movies she got for Christmas (a $1.99 Black Friday bargain!). So we turned on the fire and turned out the lights and cuddled up together on the couch. She was engrossed in the movie, but every once in a while she'd come out with some profound and adorable comment. It was precious! The movie was okay, but the company was awesome. Now Janelle is sound asleep and I'm basking in the glow of her snuggles. I can't think of a better way to spend an evening with my girl.

We'll have to send the boys out more often.

1 comment:

  1. It's always nice to spend that alone time with one of your kids.

    ReplyDelete